|Digital versions||PDF (English and Spanish)|
|License||PDF version may be distributed freely|
- 352 pages, six chapters, supplemental material
- Softcover edition published by the AMS ($31 list, $23.25 for members)
- Additional material (videos, examples of Sage code, 3D plotting) on author’s website
- Guided activities, challenges, and projects for students throughout the text
- Review of the book from ACM Computing Reviews
- For more information and to download
- Download Spanish version
This textbook serves admirably as an introduction for newcomers to Sage as well as a reference for those with some experience. It is written in an engaging and informal style and does an excellent job in explaining how Sage works. The book can be used profitably as an auxiliary text in any undergraduate mathematics class with a computational component, and it can be used in the mathematical software courses that are becoming more common, especially for math majors. The book has been translated into Spanish by Diego Sejas Viscarra and is available in PDF.
- Welcome to Sage!
- Fun Projects Using Sage
- Advanced Plotting Techniques
- Advanced Features of Sage
- Programming in Sage and Python
- Building Interactive Webpages with Sage
The appendices “What to Do When Frustrated” and “Index of Commands by Name and by Section” are especially useful.