for this workshop
Automorphic kernel functions
American Institute of Mathematics, San Jose, California
Jayce Getz, Dihua Jiang, and Lei Zhang
- The existence of automorphic forms with certain properties
- Functorial transfers in the sense of Langlands
- Special value formulas for L-functions and formulas for periods
The goal of this workshop is to bring together experts whose research involves automorphic kernel functions so that the interrelation between the approaches described above can be better understood. We hope that this exchange of expertise will also lead to new approaches that will lead to an eventual resolution of the Langlands functoriality conjectures. The workshop will focus on the following three topics:
- Various types of trace formulas and their use in proving existence of certain Langlands functorial transfers;
- Explicit constructions of certain Langlands functorial transfers via integral transformations;
- Generalized Fourier transformations and Poisson summation formulas.
The workshop will differ from typical conferences in some regards. Participants will be invited to suggest open problems and questions before the workshop begins, and these will be posted on the workshop website. These include specific problems on which there is hope of making some progress during the workshop, as well as more ambitious problems which may influence the future activity of the field. Lectures at the workshop will be focused on familiarizing the participants with the background material leading up to specific problems, and the schedule will include discussion and parallel working sessions.
The deadline to apply for support to participate in this workshop has passed.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org